Monday, November 08, 2010

Angel's Visit, Day 3

Sunday, we couldn't seem to get it together fast enough to make it to the first service again. However, we did squeak in on time to the 10:30. It was fun to have Angel there at church because I don't believe she has ever attended PRC before.

Back at home, we had some homemade chicken noodle soup for lunch. Then Everest went down for his nap, Julie did homework, and Heath and I taught Angel how to play an old card game we used to play a lot during college days.



I threw together some Thai massaman curry while we played, so it would be ready when it was time for dinner. Angel and I took off soonish after the game and went to Panera Bread to write for a few hours.



Little did I know, Nia had scheduled an official regional NaNoWriMo write-in scheduled for 6:30 to close. Angel and I went home for dinner (saving ourselves a $10 expense!), then returned to join the group for the last hour. It was much fun, and there was candy to be had.

Angel's dad picked her up from Panera around 9:00, and I headed home to relax for a little while. It was so wonderful having Angel with us for three days! I've never had this kind of opportunity to get to know her one-on-one before. I enjoyed it very much.

Puella came over at 10:00 p.m. for a late night chat since we missed each other last Friday. :o) We got coffee at McDonalds and drove up to an overlook where we could talk and look at the city lights. So beautiful!

4 comments:

  1. Yes! Do you? Oh, so many missed gaming opps! We've been playing for years; Heath used to organize tournaments at a games store in our college town. We should play this winter break. If you don't have a deck, Heath has MANY cards to choose from to make your own. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angel had so much fun, she didn't want to come home! Thank you so much for gaming and dining her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was truly my pleasure!

    ReplyDelete