
While we were eating, we each poured over different parts of the Sunday newspaper. Julie's school had a deal running with the local paper that offered Sunday and Wednesday papers for a whole year for one dollar--and that dollar would be matched and go back to the school. Pretty cool deal!
We haven't had the newspaper delivered for years, but I have to say that it has been really nice to get the paper twice a week. The sheer simplicity of having new reading material is enough to make me look forward to it, and it's nice to get in touch with what's going on in the world again.
After lunch, Julie and I went to McDonalds to write, because they have outlets and it's cheap. I got us a small fries and a strawberry sundae to share while we worked on our NaNo novels. Julie actually got quite a bit written. I, on the other hand, am still incredibly behind.

We came home, and Heath took off to go rock climbing. Everest was napping, so I had Julie work on her homework and project while I laid down to take a pseudo-nap. Around 3:30, I got up, we got Everest up, and headed over to my parents' house.
For Julie's family heritage project, she has to get information about her relatives and go back as far as she can to the time of the pilgrims. As a part of her research, she asked each of my parents questions about their growing up days and their parents' stories as well. She did a good job of taking notes so that she can fill in the pages of her storybook later.

We got home fairly late, and I was feeling totally exhausted. Yet I took Heath's advice and got out of the house to attend the last part of a regional NaNo write-in at Panera. Beth and Nia were both there, which made it all worth it. Nia and I went to Village Inn after the write-in and continued to write there. Legolas stopped by after work, and we went back to my house to chat for awhile. Much fun!


Parting Shot
I just love the treats my children make for me first thing in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment