Friday, November 05, 2010

These days must really stop disappearing

Monday was November 1 and the beginning of National Novel Writing Month. This is officially my 6th year doing NaNo, and I have won in the last five. I don't think it's possible for me NOT to do NaNo at this point, thus, the Cat trudges through.

Though I must say that having Julie participating with me makes it MUCH, much cooler than in years past. To celebrate the first day of NaNo, I picked her up from school, and we went to Panera for the annual November 1, all-day write-in.




Some rearranging had to be done to squeeze us in because there were quite a few people there, including Nia, Twinkie, and Legolas. Such fun! Julie wrote some at school and then at the write-in, composing almost 300 words in the first day! I'm so proud of her progress and enthusiasm. (You may recall that her goal is 100 words per day.)

I only achieved somewhere around 800 words for day 1, but that's all right. I've been known to make word-count leaps and bounds in November. This year will be no different!

Monday night, Everest threw up two or three times for reasons unknown. I'm really glad that we were staying up late to work on stuff because we heard him right away. Poor boy!

Tuesday morning, I called in sick to my meetings because I was going to take Everest in to the preschool at church. And of course, if he was going to be sick again or had something catching, we didn't want to take him there. Heath took off for his morning meeting, and I nursed the little man back to health. Overall, he spent a lot of time drinking apple juice and laying around. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do in order to get well.



Tuesday afternoon, I had an online consultation with another writing student. While I was meeting with her, the kids did crafts downstairs. They were so excited to show me them when they were done.





Tuesday evening was spent catching up on NaNo and working on a super-important, big project for the church. It was a last-minute deal, but still very interesting work. We stayed up late that night too. We really must stop doing that...

No comments:

Post a Comment