Monday, April 18, 2011

Sick Day, take 2 + more musing

When Julie was sleeping hard and still feeling hot to the touch on Monday morning, we decided to let her stay at home for one more day of recovery. Both the kids were up at 9:00, however they just snuggled up in bed together quietly. I let them play some games on my iPod for about 30 minutes while I folded the last basket of laundry. They actually did a really good job sharing. (Yes, it really is that dark in their room even at 9:00 a.m. They have a blackout curtain.)



I gave Julie's some fever reducer, then we went downstairs to make raspberry waffles. Everyone seemed to perk up after the nice hot breakfast. The kids watched some shows after that, just relaxing, and around noon, we went to the school to pick up Julie's homework papers.



When we got home, we had lunch while Julie started in on her worksheets. She made some good progress, but she got eventually got too tired to concentrate. Both kids went down for a nap. I talked to my mom on the phone for awhile, did some freelance work, and got dinner started.

The kids were up around 4:00 and chilled out for about 40 minutes until Heath was home and dinner was done. We sat together and had chicken with apricot sauce, bread stuffing, and salad. It was quite tasty if I may say so!

Heath took over with the kids and dishes while I started in on some website stuff for Donita and the Monday night chat. I'm about to continue on with webmastery for the rest of the night, but I wanted to get these blog posts down.

Though blogging may seem like frivolity of time to some, I really find that writing down the days' events and sharing them publicly is an excellent way for me to process life, remind myself of what I have accomplished, and connect with people.

Connecting with people is so important to me, and as a work-at-home mom I must do whatever is necessary to stay in contact with friends and family. Thanks for reading and being a soul who cares. :o)

4 comments:

  1. And in years to come you'll be able to look back on these days with great nostalgia! And your posts will help you remember things that otherwise would be lost forever . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Thanks for inspiring me with your own faithful, daily posts, Linda. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mrs. B, Mangy. :) It's like a picture journal.

    My mom doesn't blog, and I know we will have very few pictures of these years at our house because of it. So keep on blogging

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Legossi! I appreciate you saying that. Sometimes the kids are like, "ANOTHER picture?" But they will be glad (I hope) to look back on these years and get a really good visual and commentary to go with their memories.

    ReplyDelete