Sunday, September 04, 2011

Visiting the Awesome People, pt. 2

Saturday, after breakfast, I took the kids on a but of a nature walk to help them get some of their energy out. It was just me and the kids because Tessa was taking a nap. We had fun finding acorns, spying on squirrels, and dropping grass into the stream.


(Click this if you can't see the slideshow above.)
They'd gathered a nice collection of nature items by time we got back.



Mike was kind enough to take us out to pick up an essential item when we got back. XD



Meanwhile, Kate had made dough for pretzels. We got a lesson on pretzel rolling, then we made a dozen or so homemade pretzels. YUM! Tessa enjoyed watching for stray bits of dough to munch.






Nana and Papa arrived shortly thereafter, and we relaxed for awhile together.




Mike, Julie, and I went to get a take-out lunch at a fabulous BBQ place called Nordy's. Downtown, there was some kind of festival going on, and people were dressed up in costume everywhere. Julie got a kick out of it. At the restaurant, we spotted Big Bird at the bar. o.O





After our really late lunch, my parents went to check in to their hotel, and the rest of us walked to the park nearby to let the kids run around. Julie and Tessa played in the sand together for a long time. Everest did a lot of climbing.






Home again, I got the kids showered, and we had some delicious beef vegetable soup that Mike had put in the slow cooker the night before. Because of the big lunch, the light dinner was absolutely perfect. We sat around and talked for a long time. Everest fell asleep on Nana's lap





After Nana and Papa went home for the night, Julie went to bed, followed by Mike. Kate and I sat at the kitchen table and chatted until 2:30 in the morning! It was great getting to talk with her though, and we did end up sleeping in on Sunday, so it all worked out...

2 comments:

  1. It was great seeing you guys! As I read this, I realized why I kept checking the freezer as you were packing up to leave. I totally forgot to send a bag of the pretzels home with you! Sorry! Guess you'll just have to come back soon so we can do it again. ;-) (Or I guess next time we can just do it at your house.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, that's right! Oh well. Enjoy your pretzels! We will definitely have to make them ourselves and/or make them again when we see you once more. :o)

    ReplyDelete