Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Perfect Zoo Excursion

Friday, I finished up the last few things I needed to do for work, then the kids and I took off for the zoo. Our membership expires on Monday, meaning that we wanted to squeeze at least one more trip in. We probably won't renew again until the zoo Christmas lights go up.

Since there was school for every other district (as far as I know), and it was still later morning and slushy-snowy, the zoo was practically deserted. We took our time everywhere we went. I let them set the pace through all the exhibits. We rode the Skyride, and I let the kids play for a long, long time at the top--longer than we usually let them.

We did the zoo in reverse of how we usually do it--just for kicks. It was such a great outing! Everyone was very well behaved up until about the last 20 minutes when it was clear that the kids were completely worn out. And so was I!





(Click this if you can't see the slideshow above.)

I went ahead and made my "famous" mac and cheese for the kids before Heath got home. Had a tutoring appointment at 5:00, which went fabulously. Heath took off to go rock climbing while I work on some edits to finalize that last novella from my writers group.

That evening, the Muse girls came over for some candy poker but Heath joined us this time. It was fun, and we got a pizza in there somewhere before everyone started going into a sugar coma and needing to go their separate ways.




Parting Shot
By Friday afternoon, practically all the snow had melted except for the places where Julie and Everest had piled up it up. How often do you get to see two snowmen standing on green grass?

No comments:

Post a Comment