Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pomp

Monday worked just about like most Mondays, with the exception that I was exchanging emails with Legolas about the book cover--MOST exciting! Also, a few other things of note happened:

1. We carved Everest's last pumpkin with his name and a heart.


2. We moved all the pumpkins outside. I came to the realization that they needed to be out in the cold if they were going to stay preserved until nearer to Halloween. *facedesk*


3. I went to a writers critique group! This is the group that I met with several months ago when they were in the very beginning stages of planning. They started meeting on Thursdays, once a month, then Heath was working Thursday nights. They just moved it to Mondays, and I am SO there.

Only three other writers were there (one being the organizer), but it was still a nice group. Three people brought stuff, and everything was quite different and varied. A fun time indeed.

In other news, I received my "classroom kit" from the Office of Letters & Light, the organization that puts on NaNoWriMo. I'll have to buckle down sometime this week and figure out all my young writers write-ins so the NaNo MLs can get them on the local calendar. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment