Thursday, October 13, 2011

Super Mom is Back!

Thursday morning, Julie got up early for some odd reason. She woke me up at 6:30, saying, "Mom! You have to see this. The sun is coming up, and it's so beautiful!" I couldn't stay in bed after that, right? So I got up to see, and she had spotted the shining moon out of my window before we went to her room. "So pretty!"

Sure enough, the eastern horizon was glowing pink and orange. Everest eventually woke up while we were talking and looking out the window. I looked up the actual sunrise time and found it was just after 7:00. The kids continued to get ready, and when it was about time, we all went to the window to see the sunrise. I believe it was the first sunrise Everest has ever seen and perhaps the first one Julie will remember seeing.



The kids got to school on time, and I came home with a mission. I still wanted to do all the things I'd wanted to do on Wednesday, and this was going to be the day. I felt so, so much better than I did the day before. I guess all that extra resting did the trick!

I put away a basket of laundry, then got all the bathrooms cleaned and trash taken out. Switched out all the toothbrushes and sanitized the holders. Then I checked work email and started on the weekly church email, along with all the blog posts that went along with it. (That was definitely essential.)

After picking up Everest, we went to the gym where I did take it easy with a mere 35 minutes on the elliptical, but at least the workout was done. I finished reading Artemis Fowl (book 1) just as the timer hit 1 minute. That was fortunate because book 2 just got put on hold for me at the library. *whistle*

We hit the library after the gym so I could get my book (YAY!), then went home for lunch. Everest had a tomato sandwich--probably one of his faves now. We ate on the back porch since it was so pleasant outside.



I let Everest watch some shows while I finished up the church email. Before we knew it, it was time to get Julie from her Student Council meeting. When she got in the car, I asked her if she had any homework, and she reminded me that there's no school tomorrow. o.O Yes, I had it on the calendar, but it totally slipped my mind.

We came home, and the kids played outside for an hour before we headed over to my mom's store to have dinner with Nana and Papa. It was delicious, and we had a fun time. The kids were really tired on the way home though, and Everest went down to sleep almost immediately. Julie took a shower, but after she settled down, she was out like a light.

It's been a good, productive day. So glad I got the bathrooms cleaned, and got the church email out, and even made it to the gym.

I also signed up for NaNoWriMo, after having decided that I was going to skip yet another year. But it would be good to connect with some more local young writers, and NaNo write-ins are the perfect place to do that. I volunteered to be the unofficial local NaNo Young Writers Program point person. As a writing tutor, they let me order a free "classroom kit" which has all kinds of fun NaNo swag for young writers. I am super excited for November!

1 comment:

  1. I love that the kids saw the sunrise! That is such a sweet moment!

    ReplyDelete