Tuesday, November 01, 2011

First Day of NaNoWriMo 2011

Tuesday, I took the day off work to celebrate the beginning of NaNoWriMo. The MLs (people officially in charge of our region) arranged for an all-day write-in at Panera. I got the kids to school, then went straight there.

I didn't start writing right away for I wanted get all the finalizations done on that pesky book I've been trying to finish. That done, I wrote and wrote and wrote. The story is off to a good start and has some nice legs to start with. I'll be writing more tonight after blogging.

My plan is to post an update as regularly as possible with excerpts from my novel over on my creative blog. My personal blog posts may be somewhat sparse this month, what with all the extra writing I'll be doing. I've got another Collaborative Writers Group starting on Saturday, after all! Yes, pray for me. I may lose my mind by November 30. XD

This afternoon, Julie had a playdate with her friends at Marla's house. When they came back, Marla and the girls joined us for dinner. We had a great time together, and everybody seemed to enjoy my spaghetti lasagna. The kids were enthusiastic about sharing Take 10 with them, so we did one of those as well. Marla and I chatted for a bit while the kids watched a show upstairs and Julie did her homework.




Once our guests had left and the kitchen was clean, I had the kids get ready to head out again. The NaNoWriMo kick-off party was tonight, and I didn't want to go through the trouble to get a sitter, so I just brought the kids with me. I hadn't planned on staying super late anyway.

They were really good, though Everest was clearly getting pretty tired. He almost fell asleep under the table. We only stayed about 45 minutes but got to see some friends, one being one of the boys from my writers groups. Fun times!




The kids went right to bed when we got home. Both were getting cranky from the super busy day. I can't imagine how other kids can handle their crazy schedules; mine get all out of whack when there are just two major events in one day.

I've still got another hour or so before Heath is home and we get to hang out. So I do believe I'll put on my soundtrack from the library and start writing in my novel!

No comments:

Post a Comment