Sunday, November 06, 2011

Mom the Shopper

Sunday, we had our usual dates with the kids. However, I took on the task of getting the kids outfitted for winter. Julie needed a new warm coat and both of them needed boots that fit.

Heath took Everest out to mini golf, and Julie and I hit the Arc to see what we could find. She found a wonderful, warm, AND cute. Because she was able to help keep the budget down, I let her scout for some long-sleeved shirts to help fill in her cold weather attire. Doesn't she look gorgeous in that picture?



We swung by Walmart to find her boots and got some perfect ones, then headed over to the mall to meet up with Heath. He and Everest had been mini-golfing for over 40 holes and were ready to be done! We got some cookies and did the switch. Everest and I left to return to the Arc because I'd seen some really good boots for him there.



While we were there, we found a puzzle and a board game for him too. We went back home and had a crack at the puzzle, then played probably 10 games of Hi-Ho CherryO. Heath and Julie brought pizza home for dinner. The kids did a good job with bedtime, and we've been sending the evening working and/or relaxing. It's been a good but busy weekend.




I should probably get some writing done before going to bed. I've gotten my fingers warmed, so perhaps it's time to get to started!

Parting Shot
Julie read her NaNo novel to Everest after breakfast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment