By time I had to leave to pick up Everest, I had finished the magazine and even had time to quickly shower. YAY! We went straight from school to church to print the magazine pages. It's a short edition this month, which made printing much less of a chore. Everest was content to play on my iPod under my desk (I really don't force my children under there; they request it!) or wander around to the office with me.

We came home rather later than I'd intended, but Everest didn't give too much of a complaint about taking a nap. He was asleep pretty quickly after putting him down. He woke up right when I was getting ready to open the door to tell him it was time to get Julie. That was so nice!
On the way home from school, we stopped by Marla's house to drop off a Take 10. I told our Children's Pastor about how we did Take 10 with our friends, and she got one out and said, "Did you want to give them one?" The kids enjoyed seeing their friends, especially Julie. We convinced her mom to let S. do the young writers program of NaNoWriMo, and Julie got to hear the story that S. has written so far.

Julie got her homework done while Everest watched a library DVD. They relaxed some before it was time to leave for my mom's store for dinner. We met up with both Nana and Papa there and had shrimp fried rice, chicken wings, eggs, and cream cheese wontons (which the kids helped make). Dessert was coconut ice cream over sweet sticky rice and coconut cream. Nom nom.



We went straight from dinner back to the church for the collating meeting. We had four volunteers show up, as well as the 13-year old daughter of one of the ladies who came. Julie and Everest were actually quite helpful for the first 20 minutes. And I mean, the real helpful where you don't have to hover. Once their friend arrived, the three of them were off to take a walk around the church while the rest of us finished collating and stapling.

Needless to say, the kids were worn out by time we got home. They gave little fuss over getting to bed after a few snuggles and the lights were out. I got all the laundry folded and straightened up around the house a little. Magazine week, things always get a little off kilter because I can't keep up with the messes coming into the house. Let's add on top of that my NaNo endeavors and everything else going on. Eep.
Now I have at least another 1,000 words to write if I want to stay ahead, so I had better hop to it. Still updating over on my creative blog, so if you're interested, check out some excerpts that I am posting each day as some of my favorite lines from my novel-in-progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment