Saturday, December 31, 2011

Shopping Dates

Oh yes. It's been another week of no blogging. The holiday season does that! And being on vacation too, I would guess.

Last week on Friday, we got a babysitter for the kids and went Christmas shopping. Yes, Christmas shopping on the eve of Christmas Eve. Ah well. It was really fun though! We haven't been out alone in months and months. The afternoon was kind of like a little date. We even had lunch together--just the two of us.



We saw a couple things that kind of made me gasp and laugh. For one, there is actually a toy based on the horror movie Saw. Then at Target, they stocked the Mountain Dew below the game Call of Duty. I guess they know their clientele well!




After we got back, Julie and I went grocery shopping because I knew there was no way I would have time with Christmas Eve and Christmas over the weekend. We actually had a very nice time together, and she was very helpful. There were another couple interesting sights while we were out. A Cheetos bag with retro-packaging and gas for under $3.00. It was a Christmas miracle.





That evening, I met with my Muse girls at Old Chicago. We were all extremely tired, it seemed, and our time together was fairly short. Still, it was great to see the ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment