Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sugared Up + Another Robot



Tuesday was a much better day than Monday, that's for sure. As I inch closer and closer to vacation, my list of to-dos is getting smaller and smaller. Soon, I won't have to think about work at all for the rest of the year. :o)

I got the kids to school on time, then went to the church. My meeting was able to get moved up because I wanted to make it back to the school for Everest's birthday celebration. So my time at the church was much shorter than usual. It was fun to surprise Everest by coming in at snack time and getting to share in that time with his class. And the cheesecakes were a hit!




When we got back, Everest was really tired but not interested in napping at all. He just kept playing, then sitting and staring for lengths of time. I got some stuff done while working at the kitchen table so I could keep an eye on Everest. We brought Julie back from the bus stop, and I made some homemade hot cocoa mix. It turned out really well, but it uses almost half a mug full of mix for each cup!



Dinner was southwestern chicken with beans and rice, plus corn and chips with guacamole. Turned out beautifully! Heath was able to join us for a short time just to eat dinner, but then he was back at the school to teach the night class.

After cleaning up the dishes and the kids being done with showers, I started work on another robot for Etsy. Julie and Everest made some of their own sculptures too, which was really cool! This is Electric Elegance, robot #3 in this series.



Once the kids were finally asleep, I talked with the lady whose website I did last night, talking her through changing web hosts and transferring her domain. We're just about done!

No comments:

Post a Comment