
They were extremely patient while I worked in the morning to the early afternoon. But by 2:00, they were ready for me to be with them for sure. They packed picnic lunches, and we went to the park for them to play and eat. I got to sit and read more of Artemis Fowl #3. Fun times!



We headed to the gym afterward, where I was able to squeeze in a quick workout and a shower. We swung by Jerri's house to pick her up because she was babysitting for me that evening. After dropping her and the kids off at home, I went to Mirch Marsala, an Indian restaurant that my friend Nia has been raving about for years.
It was my last opportunity (this visit) to hang out with Eowyn and Child before they went back home. As a bonus, Nia's friend Dara was there. There seems to be an ongoing joke that Dara and I could actually be famously good friends, but if we did become so, then we would probably take over the world.


The Indian food was fantastic, first I've ever had. Such rich and delicious curries! A bit pricey for my budget, but delicious just the same. I'll have to go back again one day--if only for the cheese naan!
We finished dinner around 8:00, but I had Jerri until 8:30. I was able to swing by the library to drop off some books AND go to Target for my 2012 calendar and still get home by 8:30. Amazing what a mother can accomplish with no kids in tow. ;o)
After driving Jerri home and putting the kids to bed, I decided to just sit and read. I really need to get Artemis Fowl back to the library, so I am pressing through in earnest. It was so nice to have an evening of just chilling with a book. Heath and I went to bed early, and the night ended with absolutely no stress.

No comments:
Post a Comment