Saturday, September 24, 2011

An Eventful Day

Saturday has been a day of events. The kids let me sleep in a little, so we made it to the gym kind of late. At least I got that workout in though! That makes three times this week, which puts me at two weeks in a row, working out three times a week. I feel like I am finally getting back on track. Wahoo!

When we got back, I had enough time to shower and get ready for the Young Writers Group that would meet in the afternoon. Nancy came over to watch the kids, which was great since they haven't seen her in awhile. She took them to the park and for a walk around the houses while I was gone.

Writers Group was awesome; we had a girl come by to test out the group and see if she liked it. She had such an amazing time that she was really bummed that she couldn't come for the rest of this current group! She is already signed up now for the one that starts in November. :oD We are a fun bunch.



When I returned from writers group, the kids wanted to play outside a bit longer. They rode bikes down the hill while I straightened up the house a bit with the dishes and sweeping.




We had a coupon that expired today for Boston Market--two free kids meals with the purchase of one adult entree. I had some cash leftover from haircut money, so we went there for dinner. The kids were famished after a busy afternoon with grandma and playing outside.



I had another Kohl's $10 gift card from the mail (also expiring today) and wanted to stop there to see what we could get for under $10. The kids played around while I looked at graphic tees. Found a cute one but I'm going to have to do some adjustments to make it a little more girly.



Everest went to bed first, while Julie worked on a poster she had to do for Student Council. Then she and I did some drawing together on the white board. Much fun! She went to bed, and I've been working on writers group stuff and now blogging. Heath should be home any minute, so I'm going to wrap this up. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment