Wednesday, November 23, 2011

School Happenings

Thursday, Everest's class had a group activity where they made Stone Soup. If you aren't familiar with the old folk story, it's a good one. Families were invited to partake, so Heath and I went to his classroom. He was elated to see us there.




That evening, we met my parents for dinner at my mom's store. The kids took their gingerbread houses to show Nana and Papa and to eat them for dessert. The food was wonderful as usual!



Everest had a little trouble going to bed that night and ended up sitting in bed with Heath when he got home. It was kind of cute. :o)



Friday, Everest and I looked up how to make homemade volcano explosions because Julie just gave him one of her old toys that would be perfect for the experiment. We set it up and did a it a few times. He LOVED it. Who wouldn't?



In the early afternoon, Julie's school choir had a special patriotic performance. The three of us were able to make it and hear her sing and say her lines. She did a great job! And the patriotic presentation got me teary-eyed a few times. I don't know why it does that...




Oh! Something fun came in the mail. I decided to have a few copies of my first novel self-published just for my own benefit and to send to a couple friends. I had created a cover a couple years ago, and since I now had the book template from doing the Inkaholics books, I figured--why not?



If you would happen to be interested in getting on yourself, let me know, and I'll send you the private link to the Lulu page. :o)

Julie had a sleepover that night. After dropping her off, Everest and I made our way to the pet store. They weren't busy, so I asked if we could be allowed to handle a corn snake--just to see if Everest could deal with it. He always says he'll be fine holding a snake, but you just never know, and it's a big investment to get such a set up.

Thankfully they weren't busy at all, and a guy took the time to get us handle a snake. Everest actually did a great job, and I had fun holding it too. It was SO cute. We found out that with the snake and the whole set up, it would come to around $150. So...PetCo gift cards for Everest--for birthdays and all holidays! One day we'll be able to afford it...

Parting Shot
I have another picture somewhere (I'm too tired to find it right now) of Julie in this same composition, returning library books through the sideview mirror. I love it and this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment