
We stopped by the pet store, as is our usual custom on these walks. The guy who showed us the corn snake several weeks back actually recognized us and asked if we were ready to pick one up. Nope. Not that day anyway.


We continued on to Safeway, where we did some shopping for Everest's birthday celebration. He picked out cake mix and frosting, and we got some snacks and a candle. (I brought my backpack to carry everything.) The kids were really good at the store. I'm sure the physical activity was great for their moods.

Subway was just down the way, so we decided to have a bit of an early dinner there. Heath met us when he finished with his work for the day. It was getting close to 4:00 by then, and I had a pressing engagement. So Heath agreed to drive the kids home, and I power-walked back to the house to finish off my workout.



After freshening up at home, I went to pick up Child of the King to take her out for the evening. I hadn't seen her since visiting Ohio back in 2009. Not surprisingly, it was like we had never parted ways. We had an awesome time having dinner at the Olive Garden, then seeing The Muppets (which was fantastic, by the way).

We met up with Legolas and Puella at the Waffle House later that night for Midnight Muse. Many topics were covered, including writing, movies, music, aliens, tattoos, piercings, and mutilation by assassins. Yes, the conversations of writers can be quite varied.


The night ended around 11:30, for we were all feeling rather tired indeed. It had been quite a day for me at least, and I was ready to happily go to bed. Still, back at home, I went ahead and baked the cakes for Everest's birthday and threw together some muddy buddies for snacks to save myself some time for the next day, which was sure to be incredibly busy.
Parting Shot

No comments:
Post a Comment